Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Brunei patent case clarifies position for pre-existing patents

Brunei IP news is rare and IP cases even rarer still. Only in 2012 did Brunei adopt a full patent system. A case on the new patent law's transitional provisions has made it through the courts and set clearer rules for pre-existing re-registered patents under the old system.

The previous patent system allowed re-registration of UK, Malaysian or Singaporean patents within 1 year of their grant, provided such the patent had a date of filing before 1 January 2012. The term runs for 20 years from 'the date of the patent'. The case was Winthrop Pharmaceuticals v Shionogi Seiyaku Kabushiki Kaisha. The question at issue was whether the term 'the date of the patent' meant the date of filing or date of grant.  The Court of Appeal held it meant the date of grant.

The Brunei patent office now calculates annuities for all old Brunei patents obtained by re-registration, from the date of grant of the re-registered patent.  Previously they calculated annuities from the date of filing. So now Patentees can switch if they choose and save money. In addition what were previously believed to be expired patents because the term ran 20 years from the date of filing, will now be treated as live until 20 years from the date of the original grant.

The net result will increase old patent terms and increase annuities for the patent office. All of which helps boost the new patent system a little more.

5 comments:

  1. Need a Debt Loan To Pay Off Bills?
    Take control of your debt today
    Available Now Business Expansion Loan Offer?
    Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%
    Loan with no credit check,
    Email us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    Call or add us on what's app +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Everybody,
      My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
      First name......
      Middle name.....
      2) Gender:.........
      3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
      4) Loan Duration:.........
      5) Country:.........
      6) Home Address:.........
      7) Mobile Number:.........
      8) Email address..........
      9) Monthly Income:.....................
      10) Occupation:...........................
      11)Which site did you here about us.....................
      Thanks and Best Regards.
      Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with binary options strategy am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you heart broken or thinking of how you are to live the rest of your life with Herpes1&2? I'm here to tell you to cry no more for Dr Osato is here to help you with the cure for herpes1&2. I was diagnose of genital herpes November 2019 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the virus because i did not believe what the doctor says that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Osato herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr Osato on email (osatoherbalcure@gmail.com) and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE  and my doctor confirm with me that am completely free from herpes. I'm so happy and grateful to Dr Osato for curing me from herpes and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. Dr Osato also have the cure for different type of diseases and virus like HERPES, HIV, HSV1&2, DIABETES, CANCER, VAGINAL INFECTION, HPV, Sickle Cell, Cold Sore ect. You can contact Dr Osato on email and WhatsApp.... Email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853 You can also contact him on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Osato-Herbal-Cure-106002928040920 Website: osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com

    Dr Osato herbal medicine is the best medicine for herpes and you can contact him today to get cured. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you new to stocks and cypto currency trading and want to be successful in your trade if yes then get help from the most down to earth and reliable expert trader I has been managing trading account for some time now and I can proudly say I make Good withdrawals monthly of $5000 Kindly reply back for more information on how to trade Contact via whatsapp +447883246472 email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete