Monday, June 22, 2015

Indonesia's pro and anti tobacco industry policies

Image result for indonesia cigarette industry
Indonesia's Ministry of Trade (MoT) has announced its intention to join the challenge against Australia at the World Trade Organization (WTO) over Australia's laws on plain packaging for cigarettes. Honduras, the Dominican Republic and Cuba have made challenges and 36 WTO Members have made third party interest interventions. MoT Director General of International Trade Cooperation, Bachrul Chairi asserted that mandatory plain packaging harms WTO members and would obstruct cigarette exports from Indonesia, thus affecting tobacco farmers as well as the national cigarette industry. Indonesia is a major tobacco grower and cigarette producer nation especially of clove cigarettes. Chairi framed the dispute in IP terms, stating that it could have wider negative effects on IP rights especially in other product sectors.

Indonesia's policy is conflicted.  The MoT seeks to protect the tobacco industry and IPRs. Meanwhile the Ministry of Health (MoH) enacted 2012 regulations to ban use of a wide range of words on packs from LIGHTS to PREMIUM and seems to have included a wide unspecified class of promotional or misleading terms. There are also rumours of a plain packaging bill being prepared.  This ministerial conflict is perhaps unusual, but illustrates the competing interests at work.  

5 comments:

  1. Am short of words for the amazing profit you helped me earn in just a week with binary options strategy am so sorry I doubted at the beginning, I invested $200 and earn $2,500 in just one week, and kept on investing more, today I am financially successful, you can contact him via email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you heart broken or thinking of how you are to live the rest of your life with Herpes1&2? I'm here to tell you to cry no more for Dr Osato is here to help you with the cure for herpes1&2. I was diagnose of genital herpes November 2019 and i have been searching and asking questions to see if i could get something to cure the virus because i did not believe what the doctor says that no cure is found yet. I came across a comment on Youtube and the person testify how she was cured from herpes and hpv after using Dr Osato herbal medicine. I quickly contact Dr Osato on email (osatoherbalcure@gmail.com) and explain my problem to him and he prepare the herbs and send it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to use it and tell me to go for checkup after usage which i did after two weeks of taken the herbal medicine and my result was NEGATIVE  and my doctor confirm with me that am completely free from herpes. I'm so happy and grateful to Dr Osato for curing me from herpes and i will continue to share this for people out there to know that there is cure for herpes. Dr Osato also have the cure for different type of diseases and virus like HERPES, HIV, HSV1&2, DIABETES, CANCER, VAGINAL INFECTION, HPV, Sickle Cell, Cold Sore ect. You can contact Dr Osato on email and WhatsApp.... Email: osatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2347051705853 You can also contact him on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Osato-Herbal-Cure-106002928040920 Website: osatoherbalcure.wordpress.com

    Dr Osato herbal medicine is the best medicine for herpes and you can contact him today to get cured. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW DR OSEMU CURED ME FROM HERPES WITH HIS HERBALPRODUCTS   I want to inform the general public how I was cured of HERPES Simplex Virus by a Doctor called Dr Osemu. I visited different hospitals but they gave me a list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which are very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Doctor Dr Osemu cured them.When I emailed him drosemusolutionhome@gmail.com he gave me hope and sent a Herbal medicine to me that I took as instructed and it seriously worked for me, i am a free person now without problem, my HERPES result came out negative. I pray for you Dr Osemu God will give you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being a sincere and great man. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any problem reach him on his Email Address at: drosemusolutionhome@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you having issues in your relationship, Or finding it difficult to have a child of your own or are you the type having any diseases in your body. I will advise you to contact Dr. Perfect, ( Perfectlovetemple@gmail.com ) The potency of his spell is so effective and can reunite broken relationships and can also make one get pregnant no matter the situation and not only that, He also has the power to cure all types of diseases within the period of 72hours.Contact Him Today And Thank Me Later,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you new to stocks and cypto currency trading and want to be successful in your trade if yes then get help from the most down to earth and reliable expert trader I has been managing trading account for some time now and I can proudly say I make Good withdrawals monthly of $5000 Kindly reply back for more information on how to trade Contact via whatsapp +447883246472 email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete